Monday, December 05, 2005


The human body is beautiful. I am amazed every day by the subtle complexities and intricacies that make the “body human.” I look at the body differently than most.

I am a Radiologist.

I am a member of a select community that spent 13 + years in higher and higher education in order to look at pictures for a living. And get paid for it.

That’s right. My dad said all those years of playing video games would never amount to anything. That THAT, Dad. Since nearly everything I do in radiology is on a computer, I am basically paid to play video games.

Okay. Enough bragging. What I really mean to show you is the beauty in what I do. When I completed my residency, I had this idea to make a coffee table book of some of the more interesting images I encountered. It never materialized, but the thought still lingers. A blog is perfect for this. Perhaps, when I have enough images, a book may emerge. For now, please enjoy the following radiographs, all gathered from my daily practice.

There is an educational value here, but that is not my prime intent. Sure, you may learn a thing or two about how you function, but take a moment and try to see the art behind the image. We are pretty amazing beings.

-DrC

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home